Imperial Road Car Park
About Imperial Road Car Park In Exmouth
- This large East Devon Car Park is the first one you see when you come off the A376 and as such it is very popular.
- The post code is EX8 1DB.
- There are public toilets about 500 yards away at the railway station if the ones near the entrance are closed.
- The car park has about 240 spaces.
- Charges apply between 8 am and 6 pm
- Next to the local leisure centre so popular with visitors to there as well
- No overnight sleeping
- This car park is part of the "Winter Shopper" scheme from November to March
- No Caravans. Motorhomes must vacate after 10 pm.
- This car park has a RingGo code of 42920
- Free Motorcycle parking
- Max height 2.0 metres but no obvious height barrier
- Short Stay: Maximum 3 hours
- Electric car charging point available (requires Wenea App)
Winter Shopper Special 2023/2024
Running from the 1st November 2023 to the 31st March 2024 residents and visitors will be able to purchase a £2 ticket from a ticket machine and it will be valid in any East Devon car park until midnight on the day of purchase.
Pay just £2 and park for the rest of the day (till midnight) and the same ticket can be used in any East Devon District Council Pay & Display car park. The ticket will show the "normal" expiry time but as long as you have paid £2 it will be valid all day.
Excludes Parkmobile payments and Permit Holders.
Finding Imperial Road Car Park
To get to this car park you just bear right at the large roundabout near the station and then go right at the next roundabout in to The Royal Avenue. Immediately on your right is the entrance to Imperial Road Car Park.
How Much Does it Cost to Park?
If staying up to 1 hour the charge is £2, then for 2 hours £4 and £6 for the 3 hour maximum stay.
There are car parks actually in the town centre but this Car Park seems to be a place a lot of visitors try first to find a space.
The maximum three/four hour stay only applies during the charging period so you could stay all eveing/night after 6p.m. until 8 a.m. but sleeping in vehicles is not permitted and campers must exit the site by 10 p.m.